Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What is in a name?

There's a big discussion going on right now about what the title of our new duet album should be. For 6 months I have been "pregnant" with the naming of this album. The songs are for us personally very special and close to our hearts. There are songs that we have sung since we were children, very old songs from as early as the 17th century, and a couple of contemporary songs that describe what our faith means to us today. Some are in German, some in Latin, some in English and Italian and several of them in more than one language. We have recorded all the vocal tracks and laced them with lots of tears. When something means this much to you, you sometimes get emotional when you share them with others.
That's why I chose the title "Inner Sanctum". The songs are for us an inner holy place that we retreat to or return to when we want to meet God.
On a Monday afternoon, the "powers- that- be" from the record company got together and decided that the title doesn't work for a German audience. In 15 minutes they decided that a much better title would be "Dona Nobis Pacem". While that song IS on the album, it certainly doesn't begin to describe what is on this CD.
Stay tuned to find out what happens.........

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cae,
    thank you for sharing some of your life with us, I am enjoying your blog very much.
    I am a BIG fan of yours, have all your CD's, been to many concerts and we even talked a few times but you meet so many people.....I don't expect you to remember me...:-))
    I just love the sound of your voice, no matter if you sing your songs or with "4 your soul".
    Now you got me all excited about that new album, can't wait for it !! I am a little confused though about why they chose a different name for it ??? How can be the one they chose (can't even remember it even though I just read it) better than "Inner Sanctum" ? I hope they change their mind about that.
    I can't make it to Liedolsheim tomorrow night but I wish you good luck and a great concert. I know you will beat the cough :-))
    Love, Nicole

    ReplyDelete

If you want to talk to me, here is your chance.