Sunday, July 5, 2009

Beautiful concert last night! So many fun elements: a new sound man who did a great job, Luke accompanied me on the guitar for 3 songs, Florian played a wonderful instrumental piece that really transported me to some other tranquil place, Eddie guested on 3 songs, and I had to be given an injection of cortisone by an emergency doctor who just happened to be in the audience. Fun times!
I'm still having trouble breathing from my bout with the flu last week. The doc says there's fluid in my left lung. Well, it was such intense work to haul in enough air to sing, I absolutely sweated like a pig. Maybe I had swine flu! I mean, I was totally soaked. And a big woman soaked with perspiration is not an attractive sight!
We live in the famous flatlands on the Rhine river plains. This area gets heat WITH humidity so high that army troops are trained here before they are stationed in the tropics. Fortunately there are only a few weeks out of the year when the weather is almost unbearable. We are in one now. Last night after the concert as we were all leaving and enjoying the cool of the evening outside the church, we were treated to the most amazing spectacle of summer lightning. It was like God saying to us "Sorry for the suffering in this heat, people. Here's a little something to ease the pain."
We are enjoying a beautifully quiet Sunday. I'm about to go have some Sunday morning coffee on the back terrace. A blessed Sunday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to talk to me, here is your chance.