Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Treasure in the trash


Today I received another package from Scotland with Amanda McGregor's gorgeous hand made beads. You can see her work at www.moogin.com When she ships them to me she wraps each bead carefully in tissue paper so that it is like Christmas morning full of beautiful little surprises. The pictures never do them justice.
I'll be making these into rings. And everyone who sees these little jewels will be amazed that there are such creative and talented people in this world.
You know what else I love about Amanda McGregor? Well, she's cute as a bug- but that's not what I wanted to mention! She told me last week that her husband is a "bin man". You know what that means? That is British for "Sanitation Engineer". He's a trash man! I met him once and figured him to be the lead guitarist for some alternative rock band in Scotland. He has that very cool Chris Martin (Cold Play singer) look about him. But no, he's a bin man in Edinburgh and loves his job. "He gets to be outside all the time and he sees parts of Edinburgh that no one else gets to see", she said.
Why can't we all find treasure in the trash?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to talk to me, here is your chance.