Tuesday, June 23, 2009

last weekend in Zieglersche Anstalten

I'm still so full of impressions from last weekend. Heiko Bräuning invited me and Florian to come to Wilhelmsdorf for several performances.
Saturday night we did the music for a reading by Rainer Haak. What a lovely man! He is a Christian author and has sold something like 8 milliion books. He told stories of beautiful things that people do voluntarily. Time, deeds, money, given to help someone in need. His book "Lust auf Menschlichkeit" is full of these stories.
Sunday morning was a big old worship service in a big old tent. There were about 600-800 people there. I couldn't count that high, so I don't know how many people were there. We sang 3 songs for that service. It is sooooo hard for me to sing in the mornings! But it was a great experience.
Sunday afternoon we recorded 4 songs for a TV show that Heiko Bräuning will be doing starting this fall. Maybe on Bibel TV? I'm not sure.
And Sunday evening Florian and I did a concert in a church on the highest point over the Bodensee (Höchsten) for a small exclusive public. Among the guests were about 50 ladies who are in rehab for alcoholism at the clinic. They were fiery gals! They sang, and clapped and some even got up on their chairs. But they also listened so quietly and intensely. One lady told me a little of her struggle with alcohol. My heart goes out to these women. But the fact that they have reached this clinic with its' excellent staff and facilities is certainly a huge step in overcoming their dependency problems. Several of them bought Lifelines. They also believe that even if they aren't perfect in every way, they can be beautiful. And they were!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Cae, thanks for the fantastic concert last sunday! I hope you will like my concert pictures: http://www.schmaleisia.de/Concerts.htm

    Juergen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke für den Link. Schöne Bilder. Und ne schöne Hose im Mai 05, Cae! ;-)

    Love,
    micha

    ReplyDelete

If you want to talk to me, here is your chance.