Friday, March 4, 2011


Today, I cashed in my one and only Groupon purchase; an hour-long facial at a Beauty Lounge. I was really looking forward to this. I'd had one before at another place and it was just divine. So relaxing and it did my skin good.
This one was different.
First of all, the woman talked for one solid hour. I don't think I could do that if you paid me. She was immersed in telling me exactly what she was doing and why and with what and why not.
It started off badly: She removed my make-up and used some sort of motor-powered rotating brush to foam up the facial cleanser on my skin. She rotated the foam right into my nose, and because I was on my back, it immediately ran down my nose, burning like fire, and down the back of my throat. Have you ever accidently gotten soap in your nose? Well, that's what we're talking about here.
My eyes started tearing up at the pain and I asked her to stop so that I could blow my nose. It didn't help. There was a burning pathway of pain leading through my nose and down the back of my throat. But I told her to continue. I just kept swallowing and coughing.
Did I quit? NO!

When I left the place an hour later, my nasal passage still burned.

Then she did an acid peeling (or something like that) She put some wet stuff on my skin which started making sizzling sounds as if my face was cooking in a skillet. And then it started to burn. She informed me that it MIGHT burn a bit, so she turned on a fan to cool my face while the top layer of skin was basically burned off.
Did I quit? NO!

Several minutes later that came off and then she used some sort of razor blade to beat my eyebrows into submission. She also used it to shave off irregularities on the surface of my skin. That caused quite a bit of bleeding. So, she had to stop.
Did I quit? NO!

Then she informed me that she would now massage my face with some kind of good moisturizing stuff, and to make it go deep down into my skin, she would massage it using an electric current.
She put one end of the electric charge on my chest, and one end on her leg and then put on gloves and started massaging my face. It tingled and vibrated a little bit, but was really quite pleasant. Until she got close to my eye which was still tearing a lot from the nasal passage damage earlier. When her fingers touched that path of tears, the electricity passed right up and right into my eyeball. My eye burned and is still quite red from those shocks.
When she finally finished with that massage, she took her gloves off explaining to me that the gloves disperse the electric current. Otherwise, if she touched me I would get a shock. She accidently demonstrated this by reaching for the end of the electric charge on my chest and touching my skin instead of the metal disc. Yep, I did get a shock. I have a little red burn spot now where she touched me.
Did I quit? NO!

After this hour of tension and pain, the lady tried to put some make-up on me, which was kind of hard because my nose and eyes were still dripping.

But as I left and was walking to my car, I ran into a girlfriend I hadn't seen in a while and she commented on how young I looked. (Considering how old I really am- I guess)
And when I got home, Eddie touched my face and commented on how soft and un-wrinkly my skin looked and even Luke said I had a "glow".

So, will I do it again- you betcha!

1 comment:

  1. Stephen's asleep next to me, but I'm STILL laughing out loud. You are too much!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to talk to me, here is your chance.