Wednesday, January 26, 2011


Sometimes it seems like there are so many thoughts and ideas whirring around in my befuddled brain, that I can't sort through them to find out what is important and what isn't. Do you know what I mean? Maybe a weekend at a Kloster where no one is allowed to talk would clear my head.
Or writing stuff down. That always helps!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------
First and foremost, I'm busy working on a new solo album. At the suggestion of Markus Bonnert, the A&R from Gerth Medien (record company) it will include new recordings of old favorites. After polling the public for some time, we now have the tracklist set. The album will also include 3 new songs that Florian and I are writing /have written together.
I've decided on a title and a photographer and the musicians who will play on the album. Each of those is a big hurdle in the decision-making process. But, oh how I love this whole creative phase of album-making!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
You may have been aware of the RTL "Das Supertalent 2010" casting show which ended last December with Freddy Sahin-Scholl winning by a landslide voting margin. What you may not know is that the songs that Freddy sang for the TV show, and on his new album, almost all have lyrics written by me! The album has moved from #4 to #3 in the German album charts and is #4 in Austria and #12 in Switzerland.
I'm amazed by Freddy's courage and belief in this album. And I'm so proud to have a part in it. He called me last week, between TV appearances, to ask me to work with him on his second album. It will be released this year by Sony Music.
----------------------------------------------------------------
After completely selling out of Lifelines (my line of necklaces) during the Christmas tour in December, I'm super busy making new ones - A) to sell at our/my concerts and -B) to finally put some new Lifelines on my web shop. The shop has been empty for a month now, but it seems like as soon as I get a few Lifelines made, we have a concert and they're sold out again! This is such a nice predicament to be in!
Someone suggested that I "farm out" the making of the Lifelines but I just can't do that. I make each one by myself, by hand, and pray for the person who will eventually buy and wear this particular Lifeline. I can't ask somebody else to do that !!
I just want you to know that I'm making new Lifelines as fast as I can. BUT I have another concert on Saturday. Whatever is not sold there, I will photograph and put on the webshop. OK?
---------------------------------------------------------------
So, that's the big stuff. There's lots of little stuff that I could write about, but I'll save that for later!

1 comment:

  1. Freut mich, dass Freddy dich nicht vergisst udn du wieder involviert sein wirst! Album Nr. 1 höre ich immer wieder gerne und war sehr erstaunt, ihn auf einmal im TV (gewinnen) zu sehen...

    Und, klar, bin sehr, sehr, sehr gespannt auf dein neues Album! Schon ne Ahnung, wann etwas es rauskommen wird?

    Bye,
    micha

    ReplyDelete

If you want to talk to me, here is your chance.