Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pilgerreise


Yesterday I was in Kangaroo Studio working with Florian on my new album. I was really pleased to find that Johannes Falk was there putting the finishing touches on his new album, "Pilgerreise". Of course I asked to sit in and listen for a while. What a treat that was!
I heard bits and pieces of several songs from the album. All of them composed and texted by Joe. The sound is very dense but Joe's super interesting voice is well in the foreground of the mix. The texts are not complicated, but they are rich. The pictures are strong. And the melodies are such that just when you think you know where it's going to go, it takes a turn that grabs your curiosity again.
The story line of the songs is based on John Bunyon's classic christian tale, "The Pilgrim's Progress", first published in 1678! I used the same book as the basis for my album, "Welt von 1000 Wegen". I am so pleased that this young, cool singer has digested this beautiful metaphorical story for a new generation of readers.
Sitting in there for this short listening session was kind of like smelling somebody cooking a wonderful meal. It makes your mouth water and you can't wait to sink your teeth into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to talk to me, here is your chance.