Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day










What is the hardest AND the easiest job in the world? Being a Mother. And today, we celebrate mothers. Our own, and the ones we know. I stood in the grocery store in front of a package of vanilla wafers yesterday and cried. My Mom loved vanilla wafers. She always carried some in her purse in case she or one of us kids got hungry. The last gift she was given, the day before she died, was a box of vanilla wafers. It is interesting to me to find out that thinking of her still makes me cry. I miss her. She loved me unconditionally.
I realize that not everyone is lucky enough to have an amazing mother like I did.
My two boys have an amazing mother. Yes, I am a good mother! Just ask me!!! :) I don't "mother" like you do. I "mother" like I do. In a way that comes natural to me and I think is best for my boys. Do I get it wrong sometimes? You better believe it! But my boys know that I love them unconditionally with all my heart.
This is a year of graduation for my sons. One will graduate from Gymnasium and one will graduate from graduate school with a master's degree. Would I love them if they didn't succeed? Yes. Would I be disappointed in them because I (and only I) can see the enormous potential in these two people? Yes. Are my sons talented, smart, good-looking, multi-faceted, kind and compassionate human beings? Well, of course!
I am their ally and their catalyst, their prayer warrior and their cheer-leader.
It's a great job! I wouldn't trade with anyone.

1 comment:

  1. I am reading your text and I am crying (seriously) ...

    I love my mother more than everything, but I have had to worry about her for all my life.

    Enjoy YOUR day :-)

    And keep on writing. Your blog is my "soap opera" ... ;-) ... (way more interesting of course)

    ReplyDelete

If you want to talk to me, here is your chance.