Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me !



You know, you can say what you will about Facebook, (and I definitely feel mixed pickles about FB) but one thing is really cool: I've had almost 100 wonderful birthday wishes come my way over FB today. So many people, some I know and some I don't, thinking, at least for a few moments on me, and caring enough to write a few words to me on my birthday. Some even sending me pictorial wishes like this one from Feli Wolf. Happy Cae!

I got a card today from my darling neighbors and I'm considering writing a song lyric using these thoughts from Mutter Theresa:

DAS LEBEN IST EINE CHANCE

Das Leben ist eine Chance, nutze sie.
Das Leben ist Schönheit, bewundere sie.
Das Leben ist ein Traum, verwirkliche ihn.
Das Leben ist eine Pflicht, erfülle sie.
Das Leben ist ein Spiel, spiele es.
Das Leben ist kostbar, gehe sorgfältig damit um.
Das Leben ist Liebe, erfreue dich an ihr.
Das Leben ist ein Rätsel, durchdringe es.
Das Leben ist Versprechen, erfülle es.
Das Leben ist eine Hymne, singe sie.
Das Leben ist Herausforderung, stelle dich ihr.
Das Leben ist ein Abenteuer, wage es.
Das Leben ist Glück, verdiene es.
Das Leben ist das Leben, verteidige es.

Sorry, those of you who can't read German, but I'm not going to spend my birthday translating this. Maybe later.....

Thomas Mark, the audio engineer at Kangaroo Studios called me to wish me happy birthday and told me this joke-
So a Catholic priest, a Muslim and a Rabi were having a discussion about "When Does Life Begin". The Catholic priest said that Life begins the moment of conception. The Muslim countered and said that Life begins the moment the baby takes its' first breath after birth, and the Rabi said, "No, no, Life begins when the kids finally leave the house and the dog dies!"
And on that note........

4 comments:

  1. Cae you are crazy!!! Ok I am too hahaha ;-)
    Big Hugs
    Feli

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the translation of the thoughts from Mother Theresa:

    Life is a chance, use it.
    Life is beautiful, admire it.
    Life is nectar, try it.
    Life is a dream, realize it.
    Life is a challenge, accept it.
    Life is duty, fulfill it.
    Life is a game, play it.
    Life is precious, be careful with it.
    Life is abundance, keep it.
    Life is love, enjoy it.
    Life is a puzzle, solve it.
    Life is a promise, fulfill it.
    Life is sadness, conquer it.
    Life is a song, sing it.
    Life is a struggle, take it up.
    Life is a tragedy, confront it.
    Life is an adventure, dare it.
    Life is happiness, keep it.
    Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
    Life is life, fight for it !

    I didn't translate it myself. I found it on a website. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Mona! Beautiful-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hab am 21. an dich gedacht, es aber nicht geschafft, dir zu gratulieren... Also nachträglich alles, alles Gute und Gottes Segen für die nächsten Abenteuer, Chancen, Pflichten und Hymnen!

    Bye,
    micha

    ReplyDelete

If you want to talk to me, here is your chance.