Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Summer Bird



Imagine a warm and sunny Saturday. Then imagine it spent in a dear friend's garden with the sound of her garden fountain and birds in the trees and good food and drink. Then imagine you get paint canvases and acrylics and get to paint a big old picture of anything you want using your fingers, putty-knife and brushes.
THAT was my day yesterday. How very cool is that??!! I feel like I just got back from a week's vacation. I had no idea what to paint, so I just doodled. And out came this bird. My summer bird. Carrying a carefree song to remind me of that golden day.
Wishing you a refreshing retreat from the ordinary.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your painting!!!!!!! Love the colors, the lightness-of-being combined with the joyful surging strength combined with the wispy whimsical little swirly feather tendrils. I want it!!!! I'd love to have something huge like this over the sideboard in the dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, somehow I accidentally clicked on it and it did a close-up. This is truly fantastic. In the right gallery you will be able to sell this for hundreds of dollars.

    ReplyDelete

If you want to talk to me, here is your chance.