Thursday, September 17, 2009

Good and Old


We have now narrowed the choices for the cover of the album "Inner Sanctum" down to 4. I'll tell you what: YOU try to get 15 people to agree on the perfect album cover. Ain't happenin'. The butcher, the baker and the candlestick-maker all have quite differing tastes in such things. We do still have time to get it right. I will not abandon ship......
Thommy Mardo did not disappoint us with his photos. They are just beautiful. What a talented guy! Wanna see one? OK...... Enjoy!
Florian is in the studio getting some mixing done. We'll join him later on today in the studio to hear what he's done. Gotta see whether he's messing everything up. :)
I had to turn up the temperature to my water bed. You know what that means? Summer is over. And THAT means that it's time for the Weinlese at the Schlechts. That's right. Time to cut those gorgeous juicy grapes off the vine. They are picture-perfect and sweet as can be. Stamp them barefoot into juice. (no not really. But I think of that "I Love Lucy" episode every year when we harvest grapes.) The work itself doesn't take all too long. Then Ruth and Traugott reward us by setting up beer tables and benches between the rows of now fruitless vines and feeding us ham hocks and fresh bread and various spirit-filled concoctions made from the fruit of the vine. Then there's coffee and cake at the Schlechts for the ladies while the guys get to ride tractors pulling trailers of grapes to the grape-collection barn to have the sugar content measured. Then there's more eating and mirth and maybe a round of sauna and maybe some slides or maybe just some good old jaw-flapping. And that is the operative word here: good and old.
I treasure this ritual and look forward every year to this day. I feel a part of an age-old tradition that has all but disappeared in the urban world. I love it!
Now, if you want a good old giggle, what better thing to listen to than a baby's laugh. Even better if there are several babies involved. Great little video. Less than a minute in length, but oozing with good feelings. It's nicknamed "The Anti-Depression-Video. Watch it and you'll see why.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-UF-h1K4rM

6 comments:

  1. Does it seem like this annual day arrives faster and faster? I guess when it is something you enjoy, it is good that it seems to arrive more quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Cae! Wirst du irgendwann wieder ein Gästebuch haben? Oder wie kann man dich erreichen? Es wäre mein Herzenswunsch dir etwas zu schreiben.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anonymous, I read these comments. So you can write me here. I won't have a Guest Book because it attracts creeps!
    Or you can reach me about concerts at: questions@caegauntt.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic! Can't wait to see more of this shoot!

    And btw: I love your way of thinking outside the box! Go on! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a facebook or twitter?
    I have been your fan at all times. I love your music, your voice and your charism! Keep it up, please! You are a gorgeous woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Feli. You obviously have excellent taste! :) Bless you-
    Yes, I am on Facebook, but that's not nearly as interesting as the blog!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to talk to me, here is your chance.